Live, Love, Laugh
Flourish began in March 2017. Flourish is a group for women held bi-monthly on a Saturday morning from 10am to 12, meeting from 9.30am with coffee and refreshments.
Flourish is run by a group of women based here at Bodmin Road Church. For each of us, stepping into this role has been a journey and has, at times, involved us stepping out of our comfort zones.
The vision for Flourish is to create a regular space for God to speak, challenge and bless women in this area. It is a safe place where we can be real, be accepted and cultivate love and genuine relationships. We believe God has a lot to say to us and we wanted to create space where He could say it!
We aim to make Flourish relaxed, welcoming and inclusive. We are not primarily just for the women who attend Bodmin Road Church. To date we have had a number of speakers, both internal and visiting guest speakers, such as Jill Walker from Kings Church, Beverley, Sarah Sidwell from River City Church and Dawn Rablen. We also had the pleasure of having Twelve/12 with us last year. So far, we have looked at a variety of topics, here are just some:
- Perception: Looking at how we cannot always rely on our own perceptions and yet, how they often shape who we are, and what we do. Learning how to truly know who we are and what we are capable of by listening to God’s opinion of us.
- Affirmation: Thinking about how to encourage and affirm each other by listening to what God has to say and having the courage to speak it out to each other to bring blessing and encouragement.
- Obedience: Taking the story of Esther in the Bible and looking at how God can use us so much more if we have an obedient heart. And how obedience is not a weakness, but its origins are based in courage.
- 5 Love Languages: Taking each of the five love languages from the book by Gary Chapman. An interactive session looking at what our individual love languages are, how we can understand and love each other and how God uses love languages to speak to each of us personally.
- Barriers to love: Building on the 5 love languages and thinking about how our baggage can get in the way of understanding, hearing and accepting God’s love to us and each other.
- Weakness and strength: Thinking about the voices we hear in our minds such as “you are too…” and learning how we can listen to what God has to say and how He can empower us to achieve things in a way we never thought possible.
UPCOMING FLOURISH DATES